What it is
How well do you really know your consumers?
The MONITOR Connect service enables you to add questions into one or more of our MONITOR surveys, thereby allowing you to cut and organize the data by the consumer groups and target segments most important and meaningful to your organization. MONITOR Connect offers you a way to personalize the way MONITOR insights, foresights and trends are packaged and delivered in presentations, consulting projects and data tabulations.
A simple three-step process enables you to customize MONITOR to meet your company’s specific needs and delivers actionable results that can easily be embedded into your organization, into your strategic planning and into your marketing initiatives.
- Personalize the way MONITOR insights, foresights and trends are packaged and delivered
- View marketplace trends and MONITOR insights organized by the consumer segments or groups that matter the most to your business
- Gain a broader perspective on the results of your own research
- Refresh and enhance your existing customer segmentation
- Identify and unlock new sources of growth
“We have several one-dimensional databases that tell us what our viewers do and buy, but MONITOR Connect is the reliable source for understanding what our viewers think and feel. It has become an indispensable tool for insight on our viewers.” JULIE LINK
Director of Research, Consumer Insights
“Executing the study and receiving the tabs was fast, simple, and straightforward. A great value for the large sample size, and depth of profiling.”
Director Consumer Insights | Marketing
How it works
Defining your consumer group
Consumer groups can be defined in any one or more of the following four ways:
- As Consumer Segments: Identify your key consumer segments by inserting your segmentation short form directly into our surveys or overlaying third-party segmentations on to our survey respondents
- As Customer targets: Identify your target consumer based on demographic, attitudinal or behavioral criteria—this is a great option if you don’t have a formal segmentation
- By their product or category usage: Identify people based on their usage of your brand or levels of involvement in your category
- By their brand perceptions: Identify consumers based on those who have a positive or negative association with your brand or with your competitors’
Choose from 2 MONITOR Connect data resources:
- U.S. MONITOR: Explores emerging consumer and macro dynamics: This option is designed for clients who want to enrich what they know about their key segments or consumer groups with general lifestyle information. This is about putting more flesh on the bone.
- Global MONITOR: A global survey of general attitudes, values and lifestyle preferences: This option is designed for clients who want to explore the ways in which their key segments or consumer groups differ, or not, across 26 major global markets.
Select a delivery format
- Reports: Options include presentations, profile reports and Activation Workshops
Download a sample Consumer Profile
Download a sample Flash Report
- Data packages: In addition to a customized set of data tables, we offer mTabs custom cross tabs or an SPSS dataset, each with all of your proprietary questions and specified consumer groups included.
- Consulting engagements: These include immersion, innovation and ideation sessions
Case Study: Custom Crosstabs Relational Database
How do we get beyond category-level insights into our consumers?
- We integrated client’s proprietary viewership questions into the main U.S. MONITOR survey to identify their viewers
- Cross-tabulated the viewership data with all of the other data in the U.S. MONITOR survey to understand attitudinal, behavioral and lifestyle nuances of their target
- Showed where the client’s viewers are similar to and different from the total population and identified the most relevant consumer story themes for a strategic focus
The client used the findings to build profiles of their target consumers (beyond category users) as real, thinking, feeling people
Case Study: Target Consumer Profile—Deepening Segmentation Value
We want to get a better understanding of a small but critical consumer segment to help drive product development and to differentiate our company from others in the category
- Integrate the client’s proprietary short form into the main U.S. MONITOR survey to identify their target segments
- Cross-tabulate the client’s segmentation data with all of the other data in the MONITOR survey to understand attitudinal, behavioral and lifestyle nuances of the target as well as self-reported media habits and choices
- Develop a comprehensive profile of the target segment to complement current category knowledge about segmentation
The process validated the client’s understanding of this important consumer segment and strengthened their commitment to increasing the use of organic ingredients in their products
Case Study: Target Consumer—measuring the value
Is our target consumer actually using our product?
- Identified an aspirational target segment within the Global MONITOR database, leading to quantitative profiling and qualitative ethnographies to fully understand their attitudes and values
- Despite this rich understanding of the core target, little was known about their affinity towards brands and about their consumption habits
- The client embedded proprietary consumption questions into the Global MONITOR survey in order to quantify the value of their target consumer
- The client was able to accurately size the potential of their target in each of the 22 countries where Global MONITOR is fielded for a fraction of the cost of a custom global segmentation engagement
- This also created an opportunity to adjust and redefine their target, thereby identifying a more valuable consumer segment